Wednesday, August 22, 2012

One can never have too much gratitude

I'm learning that gratitude is one of the most joyful and powerful things in the world.  One can never have too much gratitude and goodness can never be celebrated too often.  I am determined to be that one leper who comes back to say thanks because I think he was the happiest one by far. 

So let's celebrate with this one:

Hi, B!
My name is Amy Reisdorf and you spoke with me on 2/24/12 when I called the
extension farm info line.  You were very kind and generous with your time
and got us started on the path to farming.  We wound up taking the Living on
the Land class in Mankato, attending Farm Dreams by Land Stewardship
Project, consulting with the Permaculture Research Institute in Mpls, and
 have now bought our farm- a beautiful 6 acres in Lindstrom with a dome house
and pristine soil on hilly, wooded terrain- perfect for our permaculture
forest garden.  We are moving in this month after short sale hoo-hah and we
are excited and overwhelmed and a dozen other things.

You are cordially invited to the Welcome to R Farm Party.  Invite's
attached.  I hope you'll come.  There's not much to see yet, but you set us
on a good path and we'd be honored to have you come and see the very
 beginnings if you can.  If you can't, know you are always welcome here.
When you said that you wanted to know how it turned out for us, you gave me
hope that it would turn out and I've remembered you ever since.  There is so
much left to do but so much we've already done.  That's worth celebrating.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction and getting us on a good
path from the start.

Sincerely,
Amy for Tim, Anjali (10), and Mark (5) Reisdorf


Hello Amy!
OH WOW!!  Your e-mail made me so incredibly happy!!
It literally brought me tears of joy!
It sounds like you have been on an amazing Journey and I am so
grateful to be a part of it!
I am very excited for you and your family as you begin the next leg of
your Journey.  I can't wait to meet you in person and learn more about
your forest garden plans.  EXCITING!!  I am going to try my best to
make it to Lindstrom for your party.
I am SO happy for all of you!  Thank you SO much for thinking to
invite me.  That was so very kind of you!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment