Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Big Trouble

I'm reading a book by Dave Barry called Big Trouble. This quote made me laugh aloud and I wanted to share it with you. To set the scene, two robbers prepare.

"I can't see out this thing," said Eddie.

"Well, try," said Snake.

They were standing at the entrance to the Jolly Jackal, wearing panty hose on their heads. Snake had pulled the left leg of his panty hose over his face; the right leg was dangling down his chest. Eddie had pulled the pelvic region of his panty hose over his face, so that both of the legs were hanging down his back, making him look like a large, frightened rabbit.

"I'm just saying," said Eddie, "we should of got a lighter shade."

"We got what we got," said Snake.

They had obtained the panty hose from the five-and-dime in Coconut Grove. They had not had time to examine their selections carefully, because Snake had shoplifted them while Eddie had distracted the store employees by pretending to have a seizure. Snake had grabbed the first panty hose he saw. They had turned out to be Hanes Control Top, for the full-figured women, in jet black.



Having worn full-figured hose, I could just picture this in my mind's eye and I laughed and laughed.
Enjoy

1 comment: