Thursday, June 30, 2011

And then I finally got a good night's sleep

As I lay down to bed last night, I could hear cheering inside.  It's over and I finished it.
And I slept and slept and slept.
I woke up in the middle of the night reflexively, my mind churning, and then I said to myself, "I resigned"
And I smiled, turned out the mental light, and went back to peaceful sleep.
Disappointments I've got a plenty. My path's littered with dead dreams and aborted hopes.  Confusion and exasperation, check.
Regrets?  Not a one except perhaps that I didn't take my distress seriously sooner. 
But I did take my distress seriously and I did solve my problems by respecting my limits.

Everything associated with this job is packed and awaiting pick up.
The last binder and receipts to turn in to Youth Farm are in my van waiting to be turned in.

Today, good people, I intend to get rid of it all and the only thing I can think to say is

YIPPPEEE!

1 comment: