I just got back from visiting the oral surgeon who is completely confident that my pain isn't going to intensify, my x-rays show perfect teeth, and that this is referred pain from an unhappy nerve up top. I'm going to get a CT scan on Tuesday to see what might be in there that everyone is still crabby about.
I am not nearly so confident as Dr Jenny, however. I'm hoping Dr Jenny is confident with good cause but I'm not taking it on faith. Neither of the other teeth ever showed an infection on x-rays, ever. So I have a call into my dentist asking what my back-up plan is, just in case my pain escalates over the weekend.
On a positive note, I am proud of myself for advocating for myself this morning, for following through quickly, for asking questions, for openly stating that I was very nervous and had been strangled as a child, and for respecting my need to have a plan, just in case. This whole "I'm trapped in pain and no one in authority believes me or will do anything truly helpful" presupposition has got to go.
Also, I got a copy of a really cool x-ray of my whole mouth and I'm going to get a 15-second CT even-way-cooler scan of my upper jaw next week.
Thanks for reading and for caring.
nothing similar
13 years ago
Oh Amy, this has been such the journey! I'm sorry for how crazy this has gotten. It must feel like a terrible joke. I am praying for God's tender mercies to rest on you, to guide you and give you and the doctors wisdom.
ReplyDeleteI once got a really cool x-ray of my entire jaw. It was pretty cool, too.