As of Monday, I've lost 45 pounds! I'm tickled. In the way of life, the first 42 pounds took 5 months and the last 3 pounds took 2 months. To celebrate I'm going to buy some new pants. I've been folding over the waistband of my old size 28/30's and my pants have been sagging with a little too much authenticity for a white woman even in the 'hood. I'm not sure what size I wear anymore so I'll order several.
About sweaters- is it true you can shrink them substantially in the dryer? Well, in the spirit of MythBusters, I'm going to try. For years, I've been so careful not to but now I'm going to throw the heat to high and see. I'm looking in my closet and my options are diminishing.
Any suggestions for how to buy clothes that are actually going to work for a while? I don't want to spend a lot on a disposable wardrobe which might not fit next year or next season, even. I'd appreciate any practical feedback.
Three pounds to go for 15% lost.
nothing similar
13 years ago
Great job, Amy!
ReplyDeletePants with drawstrings or beltloops.
ReplyDeleteSuper job Amy.
And no, the sweater didn't shrink substantially enough- gave it away.
ReplyDelete