It's the place that I come when I lose my way and I have to find it again.
-Sully
Recently I've been realizing that I'm asking old questions in a new way.
I used to ask: How will I find my path?
Then I asked: How will I stay on my path?
Now I'm asking: How will I find my path again when I lose it?
I want a gentle way back onto my path when I realize I'm off.
I want to anticipate getting lost from time to time so I can plan in lots of on-ramps for myself, easy and penalty-free.
In a scene from Dr Quinn Medicine Woman, Sully takes Dr. Mike to a beautiful mountainside at sunset and says, "It's the place that I come when I lose my way and I have to find it again."
He knows where to go when he's lost.
He knows what to do when he becomes disoriented.
He's got a plan for where to begin again.
He's found his way back before and has confidence he'll find a way this time, too.
He goes to his special place, stands quietly, and listens.
May such grace and kindness for myself rest upon me.
No comments:
Post a Comment