I read my Wedge newsletter today and saw this quote:
When I think of Meyer Lemons, for example, a small spark ignites in my heart—they give me great satisfaction and the resonant pleasure that only the simplest, finest things in life can bring. Winning a hundred dollars is fun, it's a happening! But consuming a Meyer Lemon is an enduring experience—a reassurance that nature is out there being totally fabulous in a manner so casual and infinite that no human could ever hope to imitate it.
I recently have seen the Hubble movie at the Science Museum and talk about "fabulous in a manner so casual and infinite"- it's the stellar nursery where solar systems are born. Every time I see this, I sit there with tears running down my face in awe. Knowing that the light from these stars started heading towards me millions of years ago and is just getting here now- that reassures me that there are other totally fabulous things headed my way which I just can't see because their light hasn't reached me yet. But they're coming at the fastest speed possible and I need to keep my eyes open.
Well said. That's beautiful. Keep your head up & your eyes open, sis!
ReplyDeleteYes. Beautiful. :)
ReplyDelete