Thursday, February 17, 2011

Good books

Found a bunch of interesting books lately and wanted to share.


From Slave Ship to Freedom Road by Julius Lester and Rod Brown.  Most thought provoking book on race relations I've read in a long time.  Plus the art was completely moving.

Mahalia: A Life in Gospel Music by Roxanne Orgill.  Most accessible biography I've read in a good while.  Got some of her CD's on reserve, too.

Jamie's Food Revolution: Rediscover how to cook simple, delicious, affordable meals by Jamie Oliver.  Interesting premise.  Haven't tried the recipes yet but they look really good.

And be still my beating heart- it's my blog and it didn't mention teeth, jaws, or infections once.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy! It's Angela's friend Jen. I checked out that JO cookbook this fall and really enjoyed it. Our family loves the lime ciantro rice. It's my go to side dish now: ) Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks, Jen! I'll check out the lime cilantro one.

    ReplyDelete