I've been feeling particularly impatient with myself this last couple months, wishing I could simply power through my struggles and get over it- over the pain, over the weight, over the fear, over the medical expenses, over the infections.
Then, I read this website which deeply moved me and I realized that many people who have been abused like I have never heal. At all. But I have. I am not remedial; I am miraculous. And this has given rise to deepening kindness for myself and deepening gratitude for those who've made it possible.
I am anticipating writing about my journey and my faithful companions in my 40th Birthday Art Show blog soon. I never tire of recounting this goodness.
nothing similar
13 years ago
What you say is true. I had an aunt who died last year without ever healing from what her father did to her. The wounds were too much for her to overcome. That you have come so far is a testament to the strength of your spirit.
ReplyDelete