Reflecting on several recent blogs, I realized that what I expected hasn't come.
I invited people to parade- friends, family, neighbors- and no one came.
I volunteered to work in the kitchen, wasn't compatible with the cook, and requested a new assignment. Got assigned to a garden. Helped Safiya get ready to be Guest Cook, took notes, drove her over, dropped her off, and then went and pulled weeds in July in the full sun.
I invited the neighbor kids over to jump on our trampoline so Anjali could have neighborhood friends. The trampoline got broken already and disassembled. And the neighborhood kids are too much with us and I am exhausted by their chaos.
nothing similar
13 years ago
It's hard to realize that and to be so honest about it. Thanks for being true in your emotions!
ReplyDeleteI've found that the things I put out there often don't come back in the ways that I want, if at all. Example: Of 10 people I told about my blog, only 2 read it or even acknowledge it exists. I may have added a third reader recently and that's exciting! For what it's worth, maybe the disappointment also makes the small victories sweeter...
See you tomorrow!