Dear Healers,
You are cordially invited to the Welcome to R Farm Party, see attached invite. The leaves should be fabulous- hope you'll come.
Even more than inviting you to
come and visit our new place, I wanted to express my deep gratitude for
all the treasures you've given me which I will be bringing with me:
peace
happiness
ease
satisfaction
joy
strength
I have been a slave to terror and
pain and misery and anger and bitterness. Here's my
paraphrase of Deuteronomy 6, Moses' advice to former slaves entering
their new land.
Love
the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all
your strength. These commandments that I give you today are
to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk
about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie
down and when you get up.
When the Lord your God
brings you into the land—a land with large, flourishing cities you did not build, houses
filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not
dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not plant—then when you eat and are
satisfied, be careful that you do not forget the Lord, who brought you out of the land of slavery.
You dug wells of goodness and patience and understanding.
You tended groves of kindness and prayer and help.
I ate and I am satisfied.
No one is more surprised than I am. I didn't think I'd live to see it.
You have been a means of God's grace in my life and you will always be remembered, honored, and welcome in my home.
There is so much work left to do and so much we've already done.
Celebrate!
:)Amy for Tim, Anjali, and Mark Reisdorf
No comments:
Post a Comment