Just got the call from the oral surgeon's office. They won't tell me anything over the phone except to say that the doctor has reviewed the results and wants to see me at his first available appointment which happens to be Friday at 1:30. I'm hoping that if they found nothing, they'd wouldn't make me pay another appointment to say "You're fine." I'm guessing, they found something definitive.
****
I just called back at 4:31 to ask what my diagnosis is and they closed at 4:30. I have requested a call tomorrow from a nurse or assistant who can read it from my chart to me so I don't have to sit on pins and needles for 3 days. Shout out for my mom for thinking up that solution since the receptionist doesn't know and the doctor's not available.
The antibiotics are holding but not solving- I can feel it. Given that, I am really hoping for the good news that they've found something they know how to help. I suspect that I will be comfortable enough until Friday and then I'm betting they'll know how to hold it all in check until whatever intervention is necessary. 6th round of antibiotics, perhaps?
I keep saying two things to myself. 1. I'm so sorry I let it come to this; I didn't know. 2. I'm so grateful that there is help for me because many people in the world would die from this.
Dr Jenny and his assistant are decent people. I saw it in their eyes when I told them I had been sexually abused and strangled as a child and that the exam could get hinky. They had kindness in their eyes and the exam went fine. They are good, competent people with that rare quality in medical people of a genuine sense of humor and I trust them.
I wish this was over.
nothing similar
14 years ago
I'm wishing it over for you too. Thankful you're on your way. Hopeful that answers come before Friday.
ReplyDelete